8 REASONS YOU SHOULD HAVE CHANGED OVER TO LED LIGHTING YEARS AGO
LED Lighting has revolutionized the Lighting Industry. It is the quintessential “Game-changer” because of its better quality, lower energy consumption, and longer life than the previous options in lighting. September is Energy Saving Month, and because of that we bring you the 8 reasons you should have changed over to LED lighting years ago. It’s too late to change the past, but it’s not too late to change the future!
LED Lighting is the future of lighting. Transitioning over to LED from other lighting can be difficult and dangerous. Make sure you leave it up to professional electricians and contractors who can handle the job safely.
Here are the 8 reasons you need to change to LED Lighting ASAP!
- Typically 50 to 100 times more hours than then incandescent lamps. It’s tough to beat that. The up-front investment is an easy decision.
DURABLE & TOUGH
- Fragile parts of old lighting are improved upon with most LED lighting products. Glass has been replaced with tough plastics to give the lamps themselves more protection.
DIRECTED EFFICIENT LIGHTING
- Not only are LED lights more efficient than other lighting options, you can point them in specific directions to increase efficiency even more. You can also dim most LED lights, with a compatible dimmer, increasing your savings even more when full light is not necessary.
SHORT & LONG TERM ENERGY BILL SAVINGS
- Short term savings will be seen on your first energy bill after you have made the switch to LED lights. Your lighting portion of your bill should decrease by at least 50% immediately.
- Long term savings will be when you get those savings month after month for the extended lifespan of your new LED lights.
MAINTENANCE FREE LIGHTS
- LED lights are made to work well and never need maintenance. Once they are installed, they are mostly hassle-free, requiring little to no routine maintenance. The majority of LED lights are backed by great warranties in case of any problems as well.
IT’S OK TO TURN THEM ON & OFF OFTEN
- Turning lights on and off can shorten their lifespan, but not with LED lights. Turn them on and off as often as you would like without consequences.
WORKS IN HOT AND COLD
- Durable and tough, LED lights work in colder and warmer temperatures than the competition.
REDUCING YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
- Save energy, save money, & save the planet. LED lights are low in Co2 emissions, which is a good thing.
WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE A LIGHTING AUDIT DONE.
Today more than ever, Canadians everywhere are transforming their properties with retrofit lighting. By harnessing the power of retrofit lighting, Canadian property owners are making their buildings more energy efficient while improving their lighting levels and reducing maintenance costs.
Your building’s tenants understand the importance of quality lighting. There are few aspects of a building’s appearance that are more crucial than its lighting. Since lighting is the first thing your guests notice when they enter your building, it immediately sets the tone for the rest of their stay. To leave the right impression, you need to make sure your building is properly illuminated.
That’s where the benefits of retrofit lighting come in. With retrofit lighting, you can delight your building’s guests with top notch lighting solutions that feel welcoming, warm, and relaxing. Are you ready to embrace the benefits of retrofit lighting? Read on to find out all there is to know about the benefits of retrofit lighting.
Benefit from Better LED Retrofit Lighting
When you make the switch to retrofit lighting, you benefit in several important ways. First, you save money in the long term by improving your building’s energy efficiency. Second, your building’s overall mood and appearance will be given a facelift thanks to the additional lighting coverage that retrofit lights provide.Not only that, but your building will also enjoy lower maintenance costs and fewer headache-inducing lighting mishaps. This makes life easier for those responsible for maintaining a building’s lighting and electrical system. Also, well lit buildings have been proven to be safer and more productive environments for workers.
The benefits of retrofit lighting are boundless. When you upgrade your lighting system with retrofit lighting solutions, you enjoy immediate benefits in terms of safety, productivity, and aesthetics. On the other hand, you also benefit in the medium to long-term by taking advantage of greater energy efficiency and government rebates.
GET COMPLETE LIGHTING SOLUTIONS & IMMEDIATE ROI
How Can A Lighting Retrofit Save You Money?
There are many ways that retrofit lighting can save you money, both in the long and short terms. In Ontario alone, there are several key government incentive programs that are designed to encourage building owners to embrace retrofit lighting. By taking advantage of these programs, building owners can upgrade their lighting system and pad their bottom line at the same time.
Ontario SaveONEnergy Retrofit Program
The Ontario SaveONEnergy Retrofit Program provides enticing incentives for building owners in Ontario. To reduce peak electricity demand, Ontario’s Independent Electricity System Operator introduced the SaveONEnergy rebate program to provide financial assistance for building owners interested in adopting energy conservation solutions.
Reducing electricity demand is important for environmental sustainability, and for keeping public energy costs down. The SaveONEnergy program provides cash rebates for businesses and homeowners that adopt energy efficient technologies. In doing so, Ontarian businesses and homeowners can better manage their energy consumption.
The SaveONEnergy program is available to Ontarians that adopt any of the following eligible measures. The following is a comprehensive, although not exhaustive, list of eligible measures:
Here at LEDdirect, we strongly recommend taking advantage of the SaveONEnergy program. By using this program, you can enjoy financial relief from the costs incurred during the purchasing and installation of retrofit lighting. Although the program is offered through your local hydro company, we can help point you in the right direction to get started.
Ready to Retrofit?
The evidence is undeniable: retrofit lighting can improve your building’s financial prospects, aesthetic appearance, and level of tenant safety. However, not all buildings are the same. In fact, there are eight building varieties that each have their own unique lighting considerations. Read our guide below to gain an understanding of these key differences.
This is should be a prospective customer’s number one call to action, e.g., requesting a quote or perusing your product catalog.Call to Action